Friday, November 23, 2007

Ireland - land of 10,000 roundabouts



Girls weekend in Ireland kicked ass!! After landing in Shannon, we hopped in a clown car (Fiat) and drove all around County Clare and the Burren. We proceeded to go to Waterford the next day, then to County Cork on day 2. Day 3 was County Galway, and day 4 was in Dublin. We pretty much did west, south, and east Ireland. We underestimated the size of the country, but we considered it a scouting mission. We know we loved west Ireland, and would go back in a heartbeat. Lots of driving, lots of laughing, and lots of hitting things with our car. Like I said, it was perfect!

Then, I was lucky enough to go to Marco Island, Florida straight from Ireland to go to a medical conference. Dave met me down there, and we sat on the beach and drank fruity girly drinks (well, I did anyway - he had manly beer). See, the benefit of not having kids yet is the ability to be such a globe trotter. I learned a bunch of important medical stuff while Dave caught up on much needed sleep. It's hard to believe that a week ago I had this view from my room, and now I'm on a triptophan high from my mom's turkey in 37 degree weather.
I miss the south.

No comments: